Kalix has a vast template library including (but not limited to) chart notes, intake forms, health questionnaires, food records and diaries, menu plans, client summaries and doctors letters. This video details how to add a template from Kalix's template library and perform basic customization.
What are Templates?
Templates are pre-formatted files that serve as a starting point for new documents. Templates can be used for chart notes, forms, client summaries, questionnaires, letters or anything else you need. Click here for information about the difference between documents and doc templates.
How View, Edit & Create Templates?
To to add, view and edit doc templates, click on Docs on the top header followed by Doc Templates.
On the doc templates page you can create your own templates from scratch using the blank NCPT (ADIME) Template, Custom or basic templates or add templates to your account from the doc template library.
To view the doc template library click on the green template library button. The doc template library contains a number of different templates including chart notes, doctors letters, intake forms, food records and diaries and menu plans. Click on the description of a template to view.
- Click on a category to see the list of its associated templates,
- Click on the template's description to view.
- If you would like to add the template to your account, click Save to My Account.
Editing a Doc Template
Once you have saved your desired templates into your account, it is available to edit and customize. It will be available on your own account's Doc Template page (listed in the table as shown below). Click on it to edit.
To remove a term, click on the trash can.
Kalix allows you to reorder added terms.
Step 1: Click on the 'move' icon on the applicable term.
Step 2: Select where you wish to move to term to and click on the applicable Move Here.
Step 3: Done!
When you are happy with your template, click the Save button (fixed to the bottom of your template. There will be three different save options.
- Save: click to save changes. The Template will remain open for ongoing editing.
- Save and Close: save and close the template. Kalix will close to your doc template page.
- Save New Template: this will only appear if the template has already been saved at least once. Kalix will save your current version as a brand new Template and keep the previous saved version as a separate Template.
Using your Template to Creating a New Document
When choosing to create a client document using your created template, open the client's file and click on the New Doc link as shown below.
Alternatively, select Docs on the menu bar and then the subsection New Doc.
The New Doc screen should appear, in the table, on this screen, your newly created template should be listed in the table on this page. Click on it to select.