Basic docs allow you to write client progress notes, letters, client summaries and any other documents directly into Kalix. You are able to save all docs and edit later, export them to Word or PDF and print. Basic Docs are useful for creating short notes that require little formatting such as the record of a phone call or other correspondence.
Choose a Template
To create a basic doc for a specific client, click on the New Doc link, under the Documents subsection of the their Cover Page.
The New Doc screen will appear. Choose the Basic template.
- You have the option of naming your document by entering a description in the Name field.
- Assign the document into a category for easier location in the future.
- Next, you can enter today's date or the date the client consultation was conducted.
Under the Client section, you will see that the document is linked to your client. You may also link the document a specific appointment or referral (as shown below).
Complete your document by simply typing in the text field. There are also an arrange of format options to use.
Exporting to Word or PDF to Print
If you decide to export to Word or PDF, Kalix uses your saved layout as the foundation for your document's style. To learn how to modify your document layout click here.
The export button is fixed to the bottom of your screen. Click on the Export button then choose the program you wish to export to.
- If exporting to PDF, the PDF file will open up in a new tab in your browser.
- If exporting to Word, the file will be downloaded. Open to view.
+ In Chrome click on the download icon at the bottom left of the screen
+ In Internet Explorer click “Open” on the yellow bar
+ In Safari Browser click “Open” on the notification window
Save and Close
To save the document, click on the Save button (fixed to the bottom of your document). There will be three different save options.
- Save: click to save changes. The document will remain open for ongoing information entry.
- Save and close: save and close the document. Kalix will close to the client's file.
- Save New Doc: this will only appear if a document has already been saved at least once. Kalix will save your document as a brand new document and keep the previously saved version as a separate document.