Kalix's documentation feature allows you to create electronic chart notes, intake forms, health questionnaires, food records and diaries, menu plans, client summaries, doctors letters and more.
A document is linked to a specific client and contains client specific information. A template is the pre-formatted master template that serves as a starting point for new documents.
Step 1 - Creating a New Document
When choosing to create a client document, there are three different navigation pathways to choose. Select a pathway that makes most sense to you.
Pathway 1 - Via the Client's File
Search for the client you're creating the for document for, via the search option on the left menu bar.
Click on the New Document link located on the side menu or under the document section of the client's cover page (as shown below).
Pathway 2 - Via the Docs Tab
Alternatively, select Docs on the top menu bar and then the subsection New Doc (as shown above).
Pathway 3 - Via the Appointment Screen (Edit Appointment Screen & Appointment Details Page)
You can also create an appointment specific document, via the Appointment screens.
You can also create an bill via the Edit Appointment screen. Click on the appointment slot to view the Edit Appointment screen. Once the appointment status has been changed to Attended. The below buttons will appear.
Step 2 - New Doc Screen
By following any of these pathways, the New Doc screen will appear. On this page there is a table containing your saved doc templates. Please click here for information about adding templates to your account.
Click on the template name to select the template you wish to use to create your client document.
After creating a new document, there are a couple of set-up tasks you may wish to complete:
- You have the option of naming your document by entering a description in the Name field.
- Assign the document into a category for easier location in the future.
- Next, you can enter today's date or the date the client consultation was conducted.
Under the Client section, you will see that the document is linked to your client. You may also link the document a specific appointment or referral (as shown below).
Complete your document.
Exporting to Word or PDF to Print
If you decide to export to Word or PDF, Kalix uses your saved layout as the foundation for your document's style. To learn how to modify your document layout click here.
The export button is fixed to the bottom of your screen. Click on the Export button then choose the program you wish to export to.
- If exporting to PDF, the PDF file will open up in a new tab in your browser.
- If exporting to Word, the file will be downloaded. Open to view.
+ In Chrome click on the download icon at the bottom left of the screen
+ In Internet Explorer click “Open” on the yellow bar
+ In Safari Browser click “Open” on the notification window
Save and Close
To save the document, click on the Save button (fixed to the bottom of your document). There will be three different save options.
- Save: click to save changes. The document will remain open for ongoing information entry.
- Save and close: save and close the document. Kalix will close to the client's file.
- Save New Doc: this will only appear if a document has already been saved at least once. Kalix will save your document as a brand new document and keep the previously saved version as a separate document.