Kalix allows you to securely share with client or contact online forms, electronic agreements, letters, client summary and other documents via Kalix's documents and messaging feature. This article will describe the process for sending (or sharing) documents with clients and contacts.
How it Works
The recipient accesses the shared document via a secure web link and code. Kalix can be sent these with just a couple of clicks (see below for workflow) via fax, email, SMS (text message) or text-to-voice.
Note: Before sharing documents, you must enable Kalix's Messaging feature, click here for details.
For convenience, the rest of this article will refer to online paperwork, forms, letters etc as documents.
Note: Kalix does not actually send documents via email, text-to-voice or SMS. Only the web link, and code is sent. Share documents are viewed and completed within Kalix, in an encrypted HIPAA compliant environment. Please click here to find out more about this feature and HIPAA compliance.
For information about setting your Kalix account up for online forms, please click here.
Creating a New Document
To send out an online document, your first need to create a new document (just as you would do to create a new chart note).
- Open the client's file and click on the New Doc link as shown below.
Alternatively, hover on Docs on the menu bar and then select New Doc.
The New Doc screen will appear containing a table list all of your account's templates (click here to view how to set-up online document templates).
2) Click to select the template you wish to use.
Note: Kalix only supports sending one document per link. A single link cannot be used to access multiple forms. Multiple messages, however, can be used to send a client or contact several documents at once.
3) The new document will be created. Link the document to the client as shown below (if required).
3) Select the checkbox - Share with others (if not already ticked).
4) Click Save.
5) The page will refresh. You will notice the appearance of two buttons.
- Send Document will use Kalix to send the document's link and code via messaging.
- View Manual Link will just display the document's link and code. This information can be copied and pasted and sent manually via your own email. Click on the button to view and copy the link.
6) Click Send Document. The Send Message pop up window will appear.
You have the option of sending the document to the associated client or one of their contacts e.g primary care physician. Check the appropriate radio button to make your choice.
If sending to a contact, place your cursor into the - Find an existing contact to link fieldto make your selection. Kalix will display contacts associated with client via their cover page. Alternatively, use keyword to search your entire contact list.
7) Select the method you are using to send the document.
7) You can edit the message (if needed). When you are happy, click - Send.
8) Kalix will display the sending status of the message.
9) Click save to close this window. The document is now sent.
Note: If you choose to use Opt-in messaging (excluding fax), clients or contacts will need to opt-in to Kalix's messaging system before an online document can be received (note you can queue online documents to go out before the opt-in is accepted). Click here for more information about Opt-in.
Online Form Submission
The document's link (and hence, the client's or contact's access to the document), is valid for 14 days. The share link can be clicked on, and the document viewed and edited as many times as needed, until the 14 days are up or the submit button is selected. Click here to view more information about client and contact online document access.
You will get an email notification new an online form has been submitted.
Viewing Shared Documents
You can view shared documents at any time, even before your client or contact have submitted them. The doc will be saved against the Documents section of the client's Cover Page.
Removing Document Access
If you wish to remove the client's or contact's access to the form before the 14 days is up, please follow the steps below:
Open the document (saved against their documents section of the client's cover page). Unselect the Share with others checkbox on the top of the page. Click save.
Resending a Submitted Document
If you would like to resend an online document again, after it has been submitted, please follow these steps.
1) Open the document (saved against their documents section of the client's cover page). Click on the Send Again button as shown below.
2) Now click Save followed by Save.
3) You will then notice the appearance of the Send Document button, click on this and complete steps as previously described.