Kalix offers you the ability to purchase your own unique phone numbers to send and receive faxes, SMS (text-messages), and/or text-to-voice messages (computer generated voice messages). You can also port an existing number (continental United States only) over to Kalix. By using a dedicated number, you will able to receive faxes and SMS messages from anyone.
There is an ongoing subscription for maintaining a dedicated number. It is added to your monthly or annual subscription as an ongoing payment. Costs for American, Australian, and Canadian numbers are listed below. We support other countries, please contact us for details.
USA & Canada
- Local Number - $3.00/month or $36.00/year
- Toll Free Number - $4.00/month or $48.00/year
- Local Number - $5.00/month or $60.00/year
- Toll Free Number - N/A
- Local Number - $6.30/month or $75.60/year
- Toll Free Number - $23.80/month, $285.60/year
On purchase, you will be charged the pro-rata amount for the rest of the current billing period.
For example: You are on a monthly Kalix subscription. The cost of your dedicated number is $3 a month. There are 15 days until your next subscription payment. You will be immediately charged $1.50c and a $3 extra ongoing charge will be added to your monthly subscription payment.
You are also responsible for paying the costs associated with the sending and receiving of fax, SMS (text) and/or text-to-voice messages via the purchase of messaging credit. Messaging credit must be purchased before use. For pricing click here.
Note: you are not required to purchase a dedicated number in order to use Kalix's faxing functionality. Kalix also offers you the ability to send fax, SMS and text-to-voice messages for the message cost only. Your ability to receive faxes and SMS is limited, however, to client who have already received a fax from you.
Purchasing Dedicated Numbers
1. To purchase dedicated numbers navigate to Messaging Settings.
2. Scroll to the bottom of this page, where the Dedicated Numbers section is located.
3. Select the Purchase New button.
4. The below dialog window will appear.
5. In this window, you are able to search for and select a number that meets your preferences:
- Choose between a local or a toll free number
- Search by area code
- Search for phone/fax numbers that contain a certain combination of numbers.
6. Click on a number to select.
7. The below dialogue window will appear.
8. Select the channels (or messaging methods) you wish to support e.g. fax and SMS (text-message) or SMS and text-to-voice. Please note, the same number cannot be used for both fax and text-to-voice.
9. Click Purchase.
10. A final window will appear asking you to confirm your purchase.
11. You will be immediately charged the pro-rata amount for the rest of your the current billing period (see cost section above for details). The ongoing cost of the number will be added to your subscription amount.
12. Your dedicated number is now available.
Porting Numbers to Kalix
We are also able to port your existing fax or phone number/s from your current provider to Kalix (continental U.S.A only). This means that we will work with your current provider to move your number/s to your Kalix account. After the porting is complete, all faxes and/or text messages sent to your number/s will go directly into your Kalix account. You can also cancel your current carrier.
The process typically takes 2-4 weeks, and we will provide updates via email. We are currently able to port in numbers from the continental United States only.
There is no additional cost to port a fax or phone number, however, charges will be added to your monthly or annual subscription as an ongoing payment (the same cost as purchasing a dedicated number) as as management fee. See the Cost section above for details). For the first payment, you will be charged the pro-rata amount for the rest of the current billing period (as per purchasing a dedicated number).
There is required paperwork to be completed before we can start the porting process. This includes the completion of an Authorization Form and the provision of your latest monthly bill for the number to be ported.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to start the porting process, we will send you the paperwork to complete securely online.
Cancelling or Porting Away a Dedicated Number
If you unsubscribe from Kalix, your dedicated or ported numbers are canceled on the final day of the subscription period.
You are able to port your number/s away from Kalix if the porting request is submitted before the end of your subscription period. To do this you will need to submit a request with the carrier to which you are porting your numbers to.
Most carriers require you to fill out a Letter of Authorization (LOA), on which you may need to provide the Account SID, and the service address. Please contact email@example.com to request these details.
You can also cancel or delete dedicated numbers at anytime. Navigate to your Messaging Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the page, where the Dedicated Numbers section is located. Click on the trash can associated with the number you are deleting.