Kalix allows you to set up your locations' and clinicians' availability. These availabilities will be used by the online scheduler widget.
You can create as many different sets of availability details as you wish e.g. create a different availability for each location and/or for each clinician. Click on Add Availability to enter a new set of times.
Note: only users with the access level of Director or Administrator are able to setup and edit the Availability section of Kalix.
There are a few steps we recommend that you complete first before setting up your practice's availability. These are described below:
Set-up Your Appointment Locations
First step is to set up your different practice locations. This is done via your Account Settings page. For information about how to do this, click here.
Set-up Your Appointment Types
Next you should set up your appointment types. Kalix allows you to create your own appointment types; choose your own appointment names, as well as assign appointments with a set duration and color. For information about how to do this, click here.
Invite Other Users to Your Account
You also need to add your staff members as users of your account. Each clinician in your practice should each have their own log in for Kalix. For information about how to do this, click here.
Enter your Availability
Once you have set up your practice locations, appointment types and user logins, you are ready to set up your User and Location Availability.
1) To view and edit your availability, hover your mouse on Appointments on the top header followed by Availability.
2) To create a new availability, click on the Add Availability button.
3) The new availability fields will appear.
Kalix allows you to customize the availability in a number of different ways:
Place you cursor within the Clinicians field, select the users whose availability you are setting up. You may wish to have one clinician per Availability or multiple.
Select the availability's location/s. Kalix can support clinicians being available at different locations at the same time.
Select the Appointment Types what will be allowed for this availability. If you wish to support all appointment types, leave the field blank.
Now you are able to enter the availability's time schedule.
You can modify the availability's schedule a number of different ways.
- Modify each day's start and end time - click on the related start or end field and select the new time.
- Remove days or time periods - click on the cross icon at the end of the row. The related time period or day will be removed.
- Add a new time period or day e.g. Sunday - click on the plus button (shown below) and select the day you are adding, as well as it's start and end time.
Blockout Time Periods
The schedule can also be used to block out specific time periods. Just create multiple time periods for the same day. If, for example, you wish to block out Tuesdays 12:00 pm to 2 pm as time you are not available, first modify the time period for Tuesday to have the Start time of 8:00 am (your work start time) and the End time of 12 noon.
Now create a new time period for Tuesday, click on the Add a plus button. Enter the start time of 2pm and End time of 6:00 (the end of your work day). Click save.
Use the Schedule Frequency field to set-up availability with recurring frequencies other than weekly e.g. fortnightly, every four weeks.
This functionality allows you to schedule out public holidays and other days that you and all of your users are unavailable to take appointments.
- To add a new blockout day (or set of days), click on the Add Blockout Day as shown below:
2) Enter the start and end date of your block out period and description (if required).
3) Select the Clinician/s and locations your are scheduling the Blockout Day for.
4) Select Repeat Schedule if you would the Blockout Days to be repeating.
3) Click Save.