Kalix allows you to send faxes, messages, documents including chart notes and doctors letters and files to referring providers and other healthcare providers securely via the platform. The steps to do this are listed below:
Step 1) Setting-up Contacts
The healthcare professional or referring provider needs to first be setup in Kalix as a contact.
On the contact's details page, under the Other Details subsection, make sure the contact has a messaging method selected in the messaging method field. Kalix will automatically assign new contacts created with your account's default Messaging Method (assigned on the Messaging Settings page).
You can change the contact's messaging method here to another method if required.
Make sure the contact has a valid fax, email and/or phone number saved. Phone numbers must contain your state area code.
If using SMS (text message), the telephone number Type field must be set to cell phone (or mobile). If using fax, the telephone number Type field must be set to fax.
Kalix allows you to save unlimited contact phone numbers against the client's Details page. If you save multiple numbers for a particular contact, Kalix will send SMS or text-to-voice messages to the first phone number listed.
Step 2) Associating Contacts with a Client (Optional)
Kalix allows you to associate a client's contacts e.g. their referring provider or healthcare team members with their file. This will make sending online documents to contacts much easier. There are two different methods of association.
Via Referrals (Preferred)
Client and contacts can be associated through a referral, click here for details
Via the Client's Cover Page
Or via the Referrals section on the client's Cover Page.
Step 3) Creating Your Message
The next step is to create the message. This can be done via the Messaging section of the contact's file (Ad hoc messaging) or via Kalix's document feature.
Ad Hoc Messaging
Kalix's ad hoc messaging functionality allows you to message clients and contacts securely, at any time. Kalix has the option of messaging a contact using a choice of four different contact methods, SMS (text messages), text-to-voice (computer generated voice messages), fax and email. Fax, SMS and text-to-voice messages require the purchase of prepaid credit. Click here to view the pricing. Email messages are free. Click here to find out more about the different messaging methods.
Messaging can be opt-in (except fax). If opt-in is enabled, contacts will need to opt-in before receiving messages from you. Click here for further information about this.
Sending Ad Hoc Messages
To send an Ad Hoc message, navigate to the Messages section of the contact's file. Click on the plus sign button, then New Message.
Choose the messaging method. Type your message within the text field and click Send. Kalix will send the message.
Sending Documents & Attachments
Kalix's document feature can also be used to communicate with other healthcare professionals. Chart notes, doctor's letter, client summaries, uploaded files or any other document can be shared.
1) First step is to open the client's file that you are communicating about.
2) Now create the document as you would a regular document, click here for details on how to do this.
3) You may also wish to link the document directly to the contact. This action allows Kalix to automatically add the contact's (or referring provider's) details to the document.
4) A contact can only be linked directly to a document via a referral. For step-by-step instructions about linking a contact to a document, please click here.
5) When the document is completed, it is time to share it. Select the checkbox - Allow Sharing (if not already ticked) on the top of the document.
6) If you are sharing the document via email, and you would like the contact to be able to view, but not edit the document, select the Read-only checkbox.
7) Click Save.
8) Click Share and select method. You can share as a secured link or
9) Click Send Document. The Send Message pop up window will appear.
10) In the Send Message pop up, select the Contact radio button.
11) Place your cursor into the - Search contact to link field to make your selection. Kalix will display the contacts associated with client via their cover page and/or the contact associated directly with the document via with the linked referral.
Alternatively, use keyword to search your entire contact list.
12) Select the method you are using to send the document.
13) You can edit the message (if needed). When you are happy, click - Send.
14) Kalix will display the sending status of the message.
15) The document is now sent. For more information about sending documents, please click here. For information about sending attachments, please click here.
Note: If you choose to use Opt-in messaging (excluding fax), contacts will need to opt-in to Kalix's messaging system before an online document can be received (note you can queue online documents to go out before the opt-in is accepted). Click here for more information about Opt-in.