Kalix allows you to easily keep track of client insurance co-payments.
Under the insurance subsection of a Client's Details Page, enter the expected co-payment amount. For more details about the Client's Details Page, click here.
You will be reminded of this co-payment amount as your client arrives for their appointment. Just click on their appointment slot to view the Edit Appointment screen (the co-payment amount is listed alongside the Bill Complete checkbox as shown below).
Recording a Co-payment
Once you have created your client's insurance bill (click here for instructions), you can record (i.e. if paying cash or check) or charge the co-payment to the client's credit card.
1) Navigate to the bill's Payment screen (click here for further information on payments).
2) Click on the Add Copay button
If Manually Recording a Co-payment
- In the Add Payment window, select the date the payment was made. Kalix will automatically select today's date.
- Enter the name of the person who made the payment e.g the client as the payer in the Payer field.
- Select the payment method used by the client by clicking in the Method field.
- Enter the amount paid in the Amount field.
- Click Save.
If Charging the Client's Credit Card
- In the Add Payment window, enter the name of the person who made the payment e.g the client as the payer in the Payer field.
- Enter the amount to be paid in the Amount field.
- Click on the Pay Now button
- Enter select the client's saved credit card or enter a new card.
- Click Pay Now.
- The payment will be recorded under the Payments section of the bill.
Download or Share the Receipt
To download or share the copay receipt, select the Share button on the bottom right of the bill's payment screen.
To print the receipt choose Download. A PDF version of the receipt will open up in a new tab in your browser. Print from the Browser.
To send a copy of the receipt please follow the steps below:
1. Select Share at the bottom left of the Payments page, followed by Send.
2. The Compose Message window will appear. Choose the method you would like to send the message using as shown below.
You can also personalize the message's contents by typing in the text editor.
Please note: all text in brackets [ ] are merge fields. Kalix will auto-complete these values as the message is sent out.
3. When you are happy click send.