The term type Upload allows you and third parties e.g. clients, referring physicians, to upload files and images against docs and templates. Uploaded files can be shared with other clinicians or clients (and other third parties) via online forms.
Adding an Upload Term to Docs & Templates
You can easily modify your existing documents and templates (click here for information about the difference between docs and templates) to include Upload terms.
1) Open the document or template you wish to add Upload to.
2) Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Add Term.
3) Choose the term type Upload.
4) The upload term will be added to the bottom of the document or template (shown below)
5) Now it is time to move it into place. Click on the four-sided arrow as shown below.
6) Find the location you wish to add a term to, and then click on Move Here to move it into place. Save your document or template.
To upload files against the term Upload, follow the steps below:
1) Click on the Add Files/Images button
2) The open file window will appear (as shown in Chrome).
3) Select the files or photos you wish to upload. You can select to upload multiple files by holding the Control (or Command key on Mac) while clicking on the items to select.
4) Once you have made your selection click Open.
5) The Upload Files window (shown below) will appear, it will contain all of your selected files or images.
6) You can now edit the files name, date and add a description (if needed).
7) When you are done click Scan for Viruses and Save.
8) The images or files will be added to your document or template.
9) To remove any files, click on the remove (or cross) icon. To add additional files click Add Files/Images.
10) To view the file or edit its details, click on image/doc icon.
11) The Upload window (shown below) will appear. Click View button, to download the file or to view the full sized image.
12) If you are editing the file's details, make your changes and click save.
If you wish to upload files against templates, but prevent others from uploading additional files against it's related created documents or online forms, please follow the steps below:
1) Open the doc template, click on Advanced Options on the top of the page.
2) Now scroll down to the Upload term and select Term cannot be edited (as shown below).
3) Save and close template.
When this saved template is used to create a document, the uploads will appear as below. The already uploaded files can be clicked on to view or downloaded, and they can also be deleted, however, additional files cannot be uploaded.
Alternatively, when this saved template is used to create an online form, the uploads will appear as below (as seen by the client or another third party). The files can be clicked on to viewed or downloaded, but they cannot be deleted, nor can additional files be uploaded by the third party.
You are also able to just add an upload field to templates, documents and online forms without any associated files. By adding a blank upload term, you can give your clients and other third parties, the ability to upload and share files and images with you via online forms.
Just add the Upload term to your documents and templates as described above.
Note: If requesting clients or other third parties to upload files, we recommend adding upload instructions (an example is shown below) via a free text field.