Kalix now allows you to place an appointment cap and expiry date against referrals. This functionality is useful for many reasons including:
- Australian Users: keep track of the number of Chronic Disease Management (CDM) Plan (previously EPC Plan) appointments.
- Expiry date: if referrals have a specified expiry date, the feature provides quick reference to the expiry date.
- Package Appointments: if you offer appointment packages i.e. a set number of appointments that are purchased together, you have the ability to view number of appointments remaining.
- Programs: if you offer programs with a set duration, you are able to easy refer to the time remaining.
Creating Referral Tracking
Navigate to Referrals, by selecting the Clients tab on the top header, then the Referrals subsection. To add referral tracking to an existing referral, click on the existing referral details in your referrals list to open. To add referral tracking to a new referral, click on the Quick Link- New Referral to create a new referral.
Complete referral details as usual and navigate to the subsection Track Referrals. The Track Referral section is shown below.
- Enter the Appointment Cap- total number of appointments allowed for the particular referral.
- Select the Expiry Date- date until which the referral is valid.
Note: you can choose none, one or both of these options.
Save the referral as usual.
The referral list containing the Appointment Cap and Expiry date is shown below.
The referral tracking details can also be viewed on each referral. As shown below, you are able to see:
- Appointment Cap- total number of appointments allowed for the referral.
- Attached Appointment- number of appointments booked/attended (excluding appointments with the status; failed to attend (FTA), cancelled or rescheduled).
- Expiry Date- date that the referral will expire.
- Time remaining- the calculated time remaining until the referral reaches the expiry date (calculated from the current day).
Client Cover Page
Below is the header from a client's cover page, you are able to view the time remaining on open referrals.
Under the subsection Referral, on a client cover page, a summary of the referral details can be viewed. Details include the expiry date, appointment cap and appointments attached are shown.