Changes to Messaging Notifications
Kalix now allows you to modify the frequency (or stop) that you receive New Message & Messaging Error Notification emails.
To modify, navigate to the Notifications section of your My Details page. Each user in your account can modify their own notification settings. Settings are specific to an individual user.
- Important Change -
As Director or Administrator, you now have the option to receive your own messaging notifications only. If you would still like to receive messaging notifications for every user in your account, navigate to the Notifications section of your My Details page and click the checkbox shown below.
Users with Supervisor or Clinical access levels are only able to receive their own messaging notifications. This functionality is not available in their accounts.
Please Note: Receive all message notifications is now disabled against your profile. Please enable this again, if you would like messaging notifications for every user in your account.
For more information about editing Messaging Notifications, please click here.
Improvements to the Hamwi Equation for Ideal Body Weight
We have made an improvement to the way Hamwi Equation for Ideal Body Weight term calculates. Instead of using the metric calculation and converting the answer to pounds Kalix now uses the imperial equation.
- Men = 106 pounds + 6 pounds for every inch over 5 feet.
- Women = 100 pounds + 5 pounds for every inch over 5 feet
If you would like the updated term, please remove and re-add it to each of your templates. The NCT terms in your templates and documents including IBW, do not auto-update. You will need to remove this term and re-add it to each template to get the latest updated version.
- Open the doc template you wish to edit (Hover on Docs on the top header, followed by Doc Templates.
- On this page click on the template's name.
- The template will open up, scroll down to the IBW term.
- Click on the trash icon as shown below.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the Nutrition Assessment section, if you are using an ADIME template or the bottom of the page if you are using a SOAP note template (or other custom template).
- Click on the Add Term button.
- Followed by the NCPT Nutrition Assessment button.
- Now type IBW into the search field.
- The field name will appear below the search box.
- Click on it's name to add it to your template.
- It will be inserted just above the search field (as shown below).
- To move it into place, click on the move icon (the 4 sided arrow).
- The template will gray out. Scroll up to where you would like the IBW field to be positioned and click on the Move Here link, just below that location.
- The term will be added.
- Now you may wish to preselect some of the options within the term to save time later i.e. your preferred unit of measure (lbs) and equation (Hamwi).
- When you are happy click Save.
New Document Merge Fields
We have released a number of new merge fields that can be added to your doc layout, templates, documents, custom terms and the email template of client access forms. These include:
- [[Client.PrimaryInsurance.Name]] = the name of the client's primary insurance company
- [[Client.SecondaryInsurance.Name]] = the name of the client's secondary insurance company
- [[Client.PrimaryInsurance.ID]] = the membership ID number for the client's primary insurance company
- [[Client.SecondaryInsurance.ID]] = the membership ID number for the client's secondary insurance company
- [[Client.PrimaryInsurance.Group]] = the policy or group number for the client's primary insurance company
- [[Client.SecondaryInsurance.Group]] = the policy or group number for the client's primary insurance company