Kalix allows you to design and style your own templates for client progress notes, reports, forms, letters and anything else you require. Kalix supports the creation of unlimited templates.
Note: Kalix has a vast template library including (but not limited to) chart notes, intake forms, health questionnaires, food records and diaries, menu plans, client summaries and doctors letters. All templates can be customized to meet your specific needs. When starting out using Kalix, we recommend practicing editing already created templates (templates from the template library) first, before creating your own from scratch. Click here for more information about Kalix's template library.
Creating a Custom Template
- If you would like to create a template from scratch, select Docs on the menu bar and then the subsection Doc Templates.
- Choose the option 'Custom'.
- The blank custom template will open up.
- Give the template a name and a category for easy identification.
Terms are the elements that make templates and documents in Kalix.
There are five choices of terms to add to templates:
- NCPT terms (Nutrition Care Process Terminology from the Nutrition Assessment domain: these are Kalix's 300 pre-created nutrition assessment fields as well as calculated fields.
- Custom terms: your own editable terms. Kalix also allows you to create your own custom terms, click here for details.
- Free text fields: blank text fields that can also be used to create headings
- Signature panel: support the collect of electronic signatures (works on computers desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones).
- Upload supports the upload of files and images against docs and templates.
Terms are added to the bottom of custom templates and the moved into their desired location click here for further information.
To remove an added term, click on the trash icon.
Kalix allows you to reorder added terms.
Step 1: Click on the 'move' icon on the applicable term.
Step 2: Select where you wish to move to term to and click on the applicable Move Here.
Step 3: Done!
Creating New Custom Terms
Kalix also allows you to create your own custom terms. To do this click on the Add Term button at the bottom of the page and click on the link Create new custom term.
The New Custom Term window will appear. Format the custom term and scroll down to the bottom of the page to click save. Click here for information about how to create custom terms.
Editing Custom Terms
Kalix allows you to edit and customize created custom terms.
- Click on the term you wish to edit.
- The term will open up for you to make your changes.
- Once you are done, click save.
- The changes will instantly appear on your template. Click here for more detailed information about editing Custom Terms.
When you are happy with your template, click the Save button (fixed to the bottom of your template. There will be three different save options.
- Save: click to save changes. The Template will remain open for ongoing editing.
- Save and Close: save and close the template. Kalix will close to your doc template page.
- Save New Template: this will only appear if the template has already been saved at least once. Kalix will save your current version as a brand new Template and keep the previously saved version as a separate Template.
Using your Template to Creating a New Document
When choosing to create a client document using your created template, open the client's file and click on the New Doc link as shown below.
Alternatively, select Docs on the menu bar and then the subsection New Doc.
The New Doc screen should appear in the table on this screen your newly created template should be listed in the table on this page. Click on it to select.