Kalix allows you to send documents including chart notes and doctors letters to referring providers and other healthcare providers security via the platform. The steps to do this are listed below:
Step 1) Setting-up Contacts
The healthcare professional or referring provider needs to first be setup in Kalix as a contact. For step by step instructions about creating a new contact please click here.
On the contact's details page, under the Other Details subsection, make sure the contact has a messaging method selected in the messaging method field. Kalix will automatically assign new contacts created with your account's default Messaging Method (assigned on the Messaging Settings page).
You can change the contact's messaging method to another method if required.
Make sure the contact has a valid email, fax and/or phone number saved. Phone numbers must contain your state area code.
If using SMS (text message), the telephone number Type field must be set to cell phone (or mobile). If using fax the telephone number Type field must be set to fax.
Kalix allows you to save unlimited contact phone numbers against the client's Details page. If you save multiple numbers for a particular contact, Kalix will send messages to the first phone number listed.
Step 2) Associating Contacts with a Client (Optional)
Kalix allows you to associate a client's contacts e.g. their referring provider or healthcare team members with their file. This will make sending online documents to contacts. much easier. There are two different methods of association.
Via Referrals (Preferred)
Client and contacts can be associated through a referral, click here for details
Via the Contacts Table
Or via the Contacts table on the client's Cover Page, click here for details.
Step 3) Creating a New Document
The next step is to create a new document, this could be a chart note, doctor's letter or anything else you wish to send to the contact. Create this chart note or letter just as you would a regular document, click here for details on how to do this.
Step 4) Link the Contact to the Document (Optional)
You may also wish to link the document directly to the contact. This action allows Kalix to automatically add the contact's (or referring provider's) details to the document.
A contact can only be linked directly to a document via a referral. For step-by-step instructions about linking a contact to a document, please click here.
Step 5) Sending the Document
Now it is time to send the contact's access to view (and complete if desired) the document.
1) Select the checkbox - Share with others (if not already ticked) on the top of the document.
2) If you would like the contact to be able to view, but not edit the document, select the Read-only checkbox.
3) Click Save.
3) The page will refresh. You will notice the appearance of two buttons.
4) Click Send Document. The Send Message pop up window will appear.
5) In the Send Message pop up, select the Contact radio button.
6) Place your cursor into the - Find an existing contact to link field to make your selection. Kalix will display the contacts associated with client via their cover page and/or the contact associated directly with the document via with the linked referral.
Alternatively, use keyword to search your entire contact list.
7) Select the method you are using to send the document.
7) You can edit the message (if needed). When you are happy, click - Send.
8) Kalix will display the sending status of the message.
9) Click save to close this window. The document is now sent. For more information about sending documents, please click here.
Note: If you choose to use Opt-in messaging (excluding fax), contacts will need to opt-in to Kalix's messaging system before an online document can be received (note you can queue online documents to go out before the opt-in is accepted). Click here for more information about Opt-in.