2017 will be the biggest year yet for Kalix. To kick it off, we are releasing a massive update on Saturday January 21st at 11am PST (January 22nd at 6:00 pm AEST). The update will include an infrastructure upgrade to reminders and our new in-app messaging feature. During this upgrade, Kalix will become unavailable for a period of 1 to 2 hours.
Reminder Settings will Reset
Because we are releasing a very large infrastructure upgrade to Kalix's reminder feature, your reminder settings will reset, and Kalix will stop sending automated reminders (Appointment Notices, Appointment Reminders, Billing Reminders and Late Payment Notices). until you set-up your reminder settings again. SMS and text-to-voice messaging will also move to prepaid credit only. Email messaging will remain free. We will be providing more details about this soon.
Note: you will not be able to reset your reminder settings until after the update is completed on Sunday January 22nd at 6:00 pm AEST. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.
New Features & Updates
We will releasing more detailed information about the over the course of the week. New features and improvements include:
- Ad-hoc messaging (send messages to clients and contacts at anytime via SMS, text-to-voice and email.
- Better answering machine handling for text-to-voice messages.
- Message history and client responses will be visible against each individual client's file.
- Receive email notifications if client reminders fail to send. Kalix will also display the reason for messages failing, including email bounce detection.
- Send responses to client reminder responses (and any message), for ongoing, unlimited conversations. Compose messages in-app (within Kalix).
- Opt-in messaging. Kalix's reminders and messaging will move to opt-in only, to prevent SPAM classification.
- Send online forms via email, SMS and text-to-voice.
- And much more.
We will be in touch with more information about this exciting update very soon.